A Family Owned Community Bank
WAYNE BANK has undergone many changes during its 135 years of operation. What has not changed are Wayne Bank's standards of being among the most solvent banks in Indiana, and a desire to provide the very finest personal banking service. In January of 2017, Wayne Bank revealed a fresh new logo and started renovations on the Cambridge City office.
In 1882, on the southwest corner of Foote and Main streets in Cambridge City, a privately owned, unincorporated bank known as "WESTERN WAYNE BANK" opened for business. It was founded by Abiram Boyd and James Alonzo Boyd (father and son) and sons-in-law John K. Smith and Lewis T. Bond.
Abiram served as the bank's president until his death in 1885, at which time his son James A. Boyd became the bank's president
In 1885 the bank moved to 118 W. Main St. in Cambridge City. This building contained the residence of Abiram and a commercial room on the east side to accommodate the bank.
In 1907 "WESTERN WAYNE BANK" became "THE WAYNE NATIONAL BANK" (CHARTER 8871). The purpose of this change was to provide enhanced service and protection for the Bank's depositors. Officers included John K. Smith, President; James A. Boyd, Vice President; Bert Wilson, Vice President.
On March 7, 1910 "THE WAYNE TRUST COMPANY" was formed in connection with THE WAYNE NATIONAL BANK. Both institutions were located in the same building at 118 W. Main St.
In 1927 John K. Smith passed away and Abiram (Bi) Boyd, a son of James A. Boyd, was named the bank's new president.
In 1954 Abiram (Bi) Boyd resigned after serving as President for 27 years sold his interest in the bank to Alonzo Hernly Boyd, Sr., (Grandson of James A. Boyd) who was then elected President.
In 1968 A. Hernly Boyd, Sr. relinquished the presidency to his son, Alonzo H. Boyd, Jr. (the 5th generation).
In 1975 THE WAYNE TRUST COMPANY changed its name to WAYNE BANK and TRUST CO.
In 1981 the first branch was opened in the Gateway Shopping Center in Richmond, Indiana, and remains there today at 4403 E. National Rd.
In 1983 a second office WAYTRU PLAZA was opened in Richmond, located at 500 South 'A' Street.
In late 2010, Alonzo H. Boyd passed away and Roger Kem was named President and CEO.
In 2012, WAYNE BANK AND TRUST CO. celebrated 130 years as a locally owned and operated bank.
In July 2013, Roger Kem retired after 39 years of service with the bank. Mark Soukup took over as President and CEO.
In 2017, Wayne Bank turned 135! We are still owned by the same family that started the bank in 1882. The bank revealed a fresh new logo and started renovations on the Cambridge City Office.
In November 2019, Mike Gaddis was promoted to Executive Vice President/COO.
In January 2020 Mike Gaddis was appointed President/CEO