Debit & Credit Fraud Protection
Visit Fraud Protection Tips For More Information
Report a Lost or Stolen Card (Debit)
To report a debit card lost/stolen after business hours please call 800-472-3272. If international call collect, 614-564-5101. If you use mobile banking you can turn your card on and off using the Manage My Cards quick link in the app.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card (Credit)
To report a credit card lost/stolen after business hours please call 800-883-0131. If International call collect, 813-868-2891.
CardHub - Fraud Mitigation App
INTRODUCING CardHub® - Our Debit Card Management and Fraud Mitigation App
Wayne Bank is pleased to introduce CardHub®, a mobile card management feature that helps reduce account fraud by allowing cardholders to monitor accounts with their smartphone and control how, when, and where their debit card is used. This upgraded card experience puts more control, convenience and safety in your hands. From instant card activations to clearer merchant transaction info to robust fraud protections, now you can do even more from one convenient place.
With your new and improved card experience, you can:
Feel more empowered. Control your cards on your terms.
- Turn your cards on/off at your discretion.
- Know where every card is stored online.
- Set spending limits based on location, amount, merchant type and transaction type.
- Create travel plan notifications for your financial institution.
- Easily dispute transactions.
Discover more convenience. Enhanced features enable a smoother user experience.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to your cards.
- Easily add cards to digital wallets.
- Access card credentials without needing your physical card.
- Withdraw cash from ATMs without needing your card.
- Activate cards instantly so there's no more waiting on new or replacement cards.
- Apply for and receive a digital card instantly.
- View, manage and redeem rewards.
Find more clarity. Deeper insights into spending means deeper understanding.
- Gain total transparency into every transaction with clear merchant names.
- Keep track of spending with a glance.
- View merchant name, logo, exact location on map and contact information.
- Contact merchants directly based on transactions. View spend by what, when and where.
Feel more secure. Use your card confidently with uncompromising fraud protection.
- Report lost or stolen cards in a couple of clicks.
- Immediately turn off a lost or stolen card.
- Keep in constant communication with your financial institution with two-way fraud alert.
This innovative new feature is built in to the Wayne Bank mobile app. Make sure that your app is updated, open it, then click on 'My Cards' to use.
Chip Card Technology
Enhanced Security for your Debit and Credit Cards
Wayne Bank offers Debit and Credit cards with chip technology. The embedded computer chip provides more security and wider international acceptance.
These cards are already in wide use around the world and are now becoming the standard in the U.S.A microchip embedded in the card adds a new layer of protection against fraud for purchases made at the point of sale. Information programmed into the chip is personalized for your account and each transaction generates a unique code, adding an extra safeguard against unauthorized use and counterfeiting.
Visa Security Sense
Visit Visa's new website www.visasecuritysense.com for tips on protecting your information.
Nothing will totally prevent you from being a victim of Debit/Credit Card fraud. The number of consumers falling victim to fraud increases every day. However, you can lessen your risk of fraud by following some simple steps.
- Do not make it a habit to carry all your credit and debit cards in your wallet. Only carry the card you use on a daily basis.
- If you use debit cards, take advantage of online banking to check your account activity regularly.
- Report any sign of fraud to Wayne Bank immediately. The sooner you notice any fraud, and report it, the less negative impact on your credit report.
- When using debit/credit cards in stores or restaurants, be aware of how they are being handled. Pay close attention to how the cards are swiped by the clerk or waiter. Do not leave your card with the bartender to run a tab. Criminal employees may use a device called a skimmer to swipe the card and copy your account information.
- Be very careful when using your debit or credit card online. Always shop at well established sites and make sure the site is secure. Look for the padlock symbol on the lower right hand side of the screen when checking out.
- Maintain a list of all your cards and keep a separate list for account numbers, dates of expiration and phone numbers of customer service and fraud establishments. Keep this information secure preferably in a safe or safe deposit box.
- Do not give out any personal information over the phone, or email. Only give information if you have an established trusting relationship with the person/company.
- Do not write your entire credit card number on your checks. Only write the last four numbers in the memo line.
- If you are anticipating the arrival of a new credit card in the mail, keep an eye on your mail box. If it does not arrive in reasonable time, contact the card company.
- Request a credit report at least once a year. You have the right to one free credit report each year from the three credit bureaus. Look for any signs of fraudulent activity. Look for new accounts that you did not open or request and any unusual activity.