Wayne Bank is pleased to introduce CardValet® - Debit Card Management Solution
CardValet® is a mobile debit card management application that helps reduce account fraud by allowing cardholders to monitor accounts with their smartphone and control how, when and where their debit card is used. Learn more at CardValet.com or watch the video tutorial.
CardValet was developed in partnership with Fiserv and is available in the Apple® App Store or Google® Play. Once CardValet is set up, cardholders have the ability to “turn off” their card when not in use, establish transaction spending limits and decline a transaction when the amount exceeds a predefined threshold.
In App Debit Card Management
If you use Mobile Banking, you can manage your debit card right from the App. You can temporaily block your card, set a spending limit, restrict transaction by geographic location or report your card as lost or stolen.
Chip Card Technology
Enhanced Security for your Debit and Credit Cards
Wayne Bank and Trust Co. now offers Debit and Credit cards with chip technology. The embedded computer chip provides more security and wider international acceptance.
These cards are already in wide use around the world and are now becoming the standard in the U.S.A microchip embedded in the card adds a new layer of protection against fraud for purchases made at the point of sale. Information programmed into the chip is personalized for your account and each transaction generates a unique code, adding an extra safeguard against unauthorized use and counterfeiting.
General Debit Card Info General Credit Card Info
Follow these steps to use your card at a chip-enabled terminal:
- Insert your card, face up and chip end into the chip-enabled terminal.
- Leave the card in the terminal during the entire transaction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and either sign your name or enter your PIN as needed. Be sure to remove your card and take your receipt when the transaction is complete.
If a merchant isn't using a new chip-enabled terminal yet
- You will 'swipe' your card to make your purchase, just as you do today. Chip cards will continue to have the magnetic stripe on the back.
Online or phone purchases
- Provide your card information as you have done in the past. Chip cards will not change the way payments are made online or by telephone.
At an ATM
- The process is essentially the same as at a merchant. Insert your card, leave it in the ATM, and follow the prompts on the screen. Depending on the type of ATM, you might be prompted to re-insert your card. Leave the card in the ATM until the transaction is complete and the card is released, and then remove your card. A PIN is needed for ATM transactions.
When will the change happen?
- Even though chip cards have started being issued in the U.S. and some merchants have already installed chip-enabled card terminals for payment, the entire conversion process is expected to take a few years to complete.
- That's why chip cards will continue to have a magnetic stripe on the back. That way, if a merchant's terminal or an ATM is not yet chip-enabled, your transaction can still be processed using the magnetic stripe as it is today.
When will I get my chip card?
- Your card will be replaced with a new chip card as your current card expires. Once your new card arrives, be sure to activate it for use and then destroy your old card. There is no need to request a new card. You'll automatically receive your new chip card in the mail before your card's expiration date. There is no extra charge for the new chip card.
- If you are planning to travel internationally or have an immediate need for a chip card, please contact us at 765-935-5222 and ask for Card Services.
Preventing Debit/Credit Card Fraud - Click here for more information.
To report a credit card lost/stolen after business hours please call (800) 423-7503 If International call collect, (727) 570-4899. For more information, call our Card Services Dept. at (765) 935-5222.